Mary Ellen is now accepting referrals for individual and group bereavement counselling.
Mary Ellen McDonald’s personal experiences with loss compliments her knowledge and
understanding of the challenges of grief.
Mary Ellen McDonald has over 40 years experience as a Registered Nursing Professional
working in all sectors of health care from hospital to community to long term care,
palliative care and has also achieved pastoral care units through CAPE (The Canadian
Association for Pastoral Care.)
- “I certainly appreciated you listening to me. It was both comforting and helpful”
- “if I needed services I would be comfortable contacting you” - M.M
- “Your help would be appreciated for sudden death.” - M.S.
- "Your insight into the human persona is amazing" - L.B.
Key experience highlights
During CAPE certification
- Over 400 hours of pastoral care services provided in Emergency department as a result
of sudden motor vehicle collisions, newly diagnosed patients or to families who
were losing a loved one.
- Over 400 hours of pastoral care services provided on the admission unit of a a Psychiatric
- Over 28 years experience in Palliative Care in the Sarnia-Lambton Community
- Achieved The National Certification for Hospice Palliative Care 2009
- Baptized Presbyterian
- Converted to Catholicism in 1989 – Since that time has been involved at St Michael’s
Parish Bright’s Grove as a Eucharistic Minister, Catholic Women’s League, Caring
and Sharing Group.
- Associate of the Sisters of St Joseph’s.
- Member of the College of Nurses of Ontario, RNAO, Ontario Palliative Care Association
- Grief Support Network, Sarnia Lambton Palliative Care Association, Save Palliative
Care, The End of Life
- Author – Grief Til Now – To order book email email@example.com or call 519-383-2160
It is Mary Ellen’s personal experience with loss which compliments her knowledge
and understanding of the challenges of grief.
Individual Grief Counselling
Private counselling sessions are characterized by Mary Ellen's Reflective Listening
and Cognitive Therapy to assist the movement towards the deep feelings of grief.
Grief Support Groups
A support group may meet your needs as you work through your grief. Just as unique
as your expression of grief so is your preference to individual counselling or support
Advocates for all to receive education regarding the needs of mourners and to receive
care when they are mourning whether it be for the loss of a pet, a family member, a
job, loss of health or function, loss of a relationship.
Educational Talks For Service Clubs, Church or Community Groups
Mary Ellen offers educational talks regarding loss and the different ways of coping
with grief. The education is intertwined with anecdotes from her life. The talks
are adapted to meet the needs of the audience and have been described as "touching
the hearts of the audience."